Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 10:56 PM
Subject: Total Newbie To Debian Linux

Hello. I do not know if this is for the right mailing list channel, but i thought that i would post it in here. Bascially i am a total newbie to Linux. A friend total me about it over the internet and he says the Debian Linux is a good Linux to start with. Well i have not got any idea how to install it, or how to set about setting it all up. So this is where you guys come in. Please could you point me in the right direction to answering the following questions below:

1. How do i get a copy of Debian Linux? (The exact place).

2. How do i go about installing it?

3. Once installed how do i got about setting it up?

4. How do i go about using Linux?

Just about it information about me. I am an ex-windows 3.11, 95, 98, and ME user. I am also an ex-DOS user as well. I am totally new to all of this and i went to get into it ASAP.

I hope that you can help me!!

Thanks.

Regards Kevin.