Re: 486 SX

Michel Loos <loos@qt1.iq.usp.br> wrote:
> Em Qua, 2002-02-13 às 15:40, Mark Janssen escreveu:
> > On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 19:16, Gerard Robin wrote:
> >
> >     hello,
> >     I have the oppotunity to get hold of few omputers 486 SX
> >     (33Mz, 25Mz,  hard disk = 89 Mb or 127 Mb)
> >     before they go to the rubbish.
> >
> > It will be a really painful and slow task... but it'll work...
provided
> > they have some
> > decent amount of memory (8 being the bare minimum... 16 works good)
> >
> I must disagree here, worked for me on 386 with 4MB RAM, just forget
> about any graphical interface and it really works fine.

Do think it is possible for me to get it onto my 386 with 1M RAM? I can
do my own compiling on a pentium, but I would need to get it onto 1.2M
floppies (I can't get into my 386's BIOS, so it can't boot off of its
1.4M drive (only the 1.2M or harddrive)). I know that the results could
be somewhat slow, but anything is faster (and more stable) than watching
it labour through windoze. I don't even have most of the DOS commands
(fixing a corrupt floppy, and the harddrive was overwritten with floppy
info instead of the floppy).

Seneca
seneca@slemish.com