Re: mouse freezes

I am sorry to tell you that but you are clearly off-topic here with your
explaination on how to setup gpm to repeat data for X.
Read the previous mail, it speak about a problem when using X (the mouse
is already configured). The mouse freeze under heavy CPU use.

Christophe

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 01:09:41PM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> * Rudy Gevaert (rudy@zeus.rug.ac.be) [020213 12:16]:
> > My mouse also freezes in X, I have the same X installed in redhat, with
> > the latest matrox drivers, and in sid also.  In redhat my mouses freezes
> > but when I switch to console and back to X my mouse works fine (I can
> > live with this), but in sid it's stuck.  The only thing that helps is to
> > kill X.
>
> Do you use the mouse on the console? If not, the simplest answer is
> probably to remove gpm. I find it useful to have the mouse on the
> console, and my favorite mouse setup goes like this:
>
> (I have a logitech trackman marble, which follows the intellimouse
> protocol (it has a wheel). It's plugged into my PS/2 mouse port.)
>
> I run gpm, telling it that my mouse is an imps2 connected on /dev/psaux.
> I tell it repeat_type=raw, so that mouse data will be repeated on
> /dev/gpmdata without translation (i.e. it will look just like the imps2
> read off of /dev/psaux).
>
> I tell X that my mouse is an ImPS/2 on /dev/gpmdata. That's it! Then my
> mouse works on the console, and it works in X.
>
> Again, though, if you don't really want the console mouse, you'll
> probably save yourself some headache by just removing gpm and telling X
> your mouse is on /dev/psaux.
>
> good times,
> Vineet
>
> --
> Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
> Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume/
> --
> "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
> to say it." --Beatrice Hall, The Friends of Voltaire, 1906

People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life.
--Faith Resnick