Re: mouse freezing

I see the same problem with a USB mouse.
It occurs only when I am using the mouse and when the CPU is occupied.
I can restore the mouse by switching to the console and then back to X
or by unpluging and re-pluging the mouse.

I am not sure but I have the impression that it occurs less since I've
enabled IRQ during BIOS APM call in my kernel config.

I believe it's a timeout somewhere which is triggered when the CPU can't
process an event soon enough.
I'm not sure where it is. What I found stranger is that X said nothing
about it (all logs are empty of mouse related messages).
Until today I was thinking it was USB related but we got two reports of
this problem in the same day with PS/2 mouse.

Oh and this mouse is configured in X as a SendCoreEvents. Is this the
case for other having the problem?

Christophe