mouse freezes

Hello,

I am trying to get sid working on my computer.  I am also running redhat
6.2

I installed woody's base system and upgraded to woody, and then to sid.

Everything boots fine but, my computer is making me deaf and my mouse
freezes in X.

Both problems occur in redhat also, but not as frequent.

With making me deaf I mean that the beeper of the pc beeps without
stopping.  beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...p.  Very annoying! :(.

What could this mean?

My mouse also freezes in X, I have the same X installed in redhat, with
the latest matrox drivers, and in sid also.  In redhat my mouses freezes
but when I switch to console and back to X my mouse works fine (I can
live with this), but in sid it's stuck.  The only thing that helps is to
kill X.

What can I do to fix this...?

Thanks in advance,
--
Rudy Gevaert - rudy@zeus.rug.ac.be  - http://www.webworm.org
             - keyserverID=24DC49C6 - http://www.zeus.rug.ac.be

Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.  - Thomas Jones