Re: kernel again

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 02:33:37PM -0500, Bob Thibodeau wrote:

> I know this has been coming up, but the solutions I've seen offered
> haven't worked for me.
>
> I'm trying to upgrade to 2.4.17 and getting the "vfs: cannot mount
> root" error.

This sort of error always makes me want to double check to make sure
I compiled ext2fs into the kernel. (Or whatever your root fs may
happen to be)

One of the guys at school kept getting a message like that and was
insistent that he had ext2 into the kernel.  I finally pestered him
into checking, and sure enough, he left it out.

Chris Hilts
chilts@birdbrained.org