Re: 486 SX

On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 19:16, Gerard Robin wrote:
hello,
I have the oppotunity to get hold of few omputers 486 SX
(33Mz, 25Mz,  hard disk = 89 Mb or 127 Mb)
before they go to the rubbish.
It will be a really painful and slow task... but it'll work... provided they have some
decent amount of memory (8 being the bare minimum... 16 works good)
I wanted install the minimum of linux for the mail
(exim, mutt, fetchmail, procmail, etc..)
but my CD-ROM drive is ignored by the bios of these machines
and so I must install linux with diskets 1.44, but I have two
questions:
is it possible to do it ? And if it's possible how can I do this.
Can someone help me or point the documentation in this matter.
Just did it a few weeks ago on my old 486/66 :) Just dd all the rescue and base disk images
from the installation cd to 1.44M floppies... the installation guides itself.

After getting network online just do the rest from there... it's faster

Mark