install debian in a HPT-732 raid controler (abit kr7a-raid motherboard)

hi, i was trying to install debian (rc5) in my computer but ... the install hangs up wen trying to re-read the partition table, initialiting the swap.

i am not able to mount the ext 2 partition in the raid using the console of the instalation.

I am using the ultra dma 66 install disks.

i think that posibly the hpt-372 is not fully compatible with the hpt-370 supported by the kernel.

I was not able to install other linux distributions with the same problem. I actualy must use windows :(