Re: Arbitrarily setting From: header in Mutt

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:53:29 -0800
Craig Dickson <crdic@yahoo.com> wrote:

> begin  csj  quotation:
[...]
> > My question: how do I arbitrarily set the From: header in Mutt. I know about
> > stuff like my_hdr and /etc/email-addresses. What I want to know is if
> > there's a way to do it so I don't have to muck with the config files every
> > time I want to send mail under a different persona, something like an
> > addressbook for myself.
[...]
> Put this in your .muttrc:
>
>   set edit_headers
>
> Then you'll get to mangle the headers however you want every time you
> edit a message.

"mangle" is the word. I was actually looking for something more elegant.
An option to let me fill in just the From: field, like the To: and Bcc:
(etc.) fields. Is there any religious reason why Mutt disables this
capability? It seems a rather basic capability to me (whose first mail
program was KMail).

--
Humanity's future is in the stars:
support a manned mission to Mars!