Re: sgml or latex?

* linuxman (linuxman@263.net) spake thusly:

> hi,
>
> Latex and sgml are all widely used in linux documentation world, but who can
> tell me which one is the best and which one will be the best in the future?

A psychic? If current trends are anything to go by, in the future
they'll be using some kind of eXtended Meta-General Meta-Markup
Meta-Object Meta-Modelling Meta-Language with 99.9% space taken
by markup and remaining .1% -- by marketing bullshit^W^Wcontent.

SGML is a general markup language, TeX is for typesetting
(printed output).

Dima
--
I have not been able to think of any way of describing Perl to [person]
"Hello, blind man?  This is color."                                      -- DPM