Re: xv: vanished from unstable

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 12:17:35PM -0200, Michel Loos wrote:
> I noticed today that xv is no longer available in unstable.
> What is the replacement package ?

xv had to be removed for legal reasons (it turned out we weren't allowed
to ship binaries built from patched source). There are a number of free
image display and editing tools you might consider using instead: for
example, the imagemagick package is useful.

The xv package was actually removed from unstable some time ago, but it
was only recently removed from security.debian.org. That may be why
you've only just noticed its disappearance.