Re: Re: OT: Need help from bash experts...

Romuald DELAVERGNE wrote:

>Hi,
>
>As we are speaking about strange characters in filename,
>I would like to know if it is possible to create a directory or a filename
>with a '/' ?
>
>I think it's the only character we can't use. Is it true ?

No you can't use /. / is for directories.

There are also other characters you can't use as a filename character. Anyway,
why bother? It's already a pain typing filenames that have spaces (either
you quote the entire filename with spaces as filename characters, or insert
backspaces in the filename to mark the spaces). much more filenames with some
more obscure characters in them :)

paolo falcone

www.edsamail.com