Re: Geforce II under Xwindows

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:02:27 -0500
matt@loiosh.wdhq.scyld.com wrote:
> I have GEForce II running right now.
> I am running XFree86 4.1.0 (from unstable).
> To make it run, you need to go to the nvidia site and download the
> kernel file and the glx file, then modify your XF86Config-4 file to
> unload GLcore and dri.

Just to clarify things here:

Ihab is trying to use 3.3.6 X servers. Since this is the case, getting
drivers from the nVidia site won't help at all.

Also, the stock XFree drivers will work fine with the GeForce; he just
won't have accelerated 3D. So even if he was using XFree 4.x, getting
the nVidia drivers wouldn't have been the solution ;) (Since something
else would have to have been wrong :)

--
/    David Barclay Harris            Aut agere, aut mori.      \