Re: /home: Stale NFS file handle

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 10:10:46AM -0600, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> Short answer: no.

Ah, well.  I've already rebooted them anyhow, though, so it doesn't
really matter.

> Next time unmount on the clients before doing something
> like that.

I just realized...  The stale handles are because of the new drives
(and resulting new inodes), not because of the server being offline
for an extended time, aren't they?  I wasn't too worried about it
since NFS usually recovers when the server comes back up, but hadn't
thought about things getting shifted around on the disk.

Unmounting all the clients isn't too bad when there are only 8 of
them, but I would expect it to be a bit of a PITA if you've got 50 or
100...

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss