Re: nice printer install

> Good  morning!
>
> I've a hp deskjet 845c usb printer connected to a debian unstable (kernel
> 2.4.17) box. I compiled in usb support and usb printer support. I have
> /dev/usb/lp0 (I\m also usin devfsd if that matters). How do I print now ?
>
> anyway, as
> doing printing with linux is one thing I've not yet done, and something
> that looks really strange and not-that straightforward I'd like to ask
> some help. I've heard that cupsys is something that's good, and that's
> all.  How do I get this printer up and running with debian and how do I
> share it with other widnows machines on my net using samba ? any
> howtos/quick quides etc ?

There are no quick guides...I've a very similiar setup and am just getting
it working.

Step 1: apt-get install cupsys cupsys-client cupsys-bsd
Step 2: www.cups.org - read the section in the documentation for
administrators for setting up a HP printer.
Step 3: post problems to debian-user ;-)

Patrick