Re: What's sending "www 02/10/02:19.02 system check" messages

* Chris Evans (chris1@psyctc.org) [020210 16:24]:
> Probably a dumb question, apologies if so:
>
> I've just transferred from Hamm to Potato and the new system is
> Emailing me excellent security messages with subject line like: "www
> 02/10/02:19.02 system check" ("www" is hostname).

It's logcheck. Look in /etc/logcheck. (The woody version is much nicer,
making use of run-parts style .d directories so that you can sort all
your regexes by package/service/etc.)

Also, check your /etc/cron.d/logcheck to configure how often it runs.

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume/