proftpd and ftpaccess

Hi !
First thanks to Black Liam !
Ok.
I want to set up an ftp-server.
But I´ve got som problems.
The server I wnat to use is proftpd.
I´ve installed it on my system.
There was no ftpaccess, ftphosts and ftpusers so I `ve created
them myself.
The ftphosts and ftpusers aren`t very importen for me.
The main problem is the ftpaccess.
It looks like this:
#ftpaccess
class  peoples   real
banner /usr/util/banner.msg
log transfer             peoples      inbound,outbound
loginfails 5
chmod              no  peoples
rename             no  peoples
delete              no peoples
overwrite          no peoples
compress         yes peoples
tar                  yes peoples
noretrieve        /etc/passwd
noretrieve        /etc/shadow
noretrieve        /etc/ftpaccess
message        /usr/util/login.msg

OK.
That´s the file.
No there happen things which i can´t believe.
I´ve logged on my ftp-Server.
There was no message appearing !
And i was even able to get the /etc/passwd.
It seems that proftpd ignores my etc/ftpaccess.
It´t has got an own config file named proftpd.conf
But in this file your just able to set the rules for anonymous login.

What´s wrong with my ftpaccess ???

thanks for any help

http://www.gmx.net