Re: stopping the printer

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Olivier Esser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I cannot remove printing jobs I have submited. lprm apparently dequeued
> the job (after having lprm'ed the job, lpq reports that there is nothing
> anymore in the queue) but the printer continue to print. Turning off and
> on the printer does not solve the problem. Does anyone can help me.
>
> I've got Debian 2.2r4 and I use a local printer (HP Deskjet 815) locally
> connected to the port /dev/lp0 which I have setup up with
> magicfilterconfig (with the dj550c filter). I use the BSD lpr package.

That sounds odd and it _is_ odd, even reboot won't help:)  I can just
think on brute force:

1) cd to your spooldir (refer to the :sd= entry in your /etc/printcap)
2) stop the lpd (always be nice to others:)
3) rm -f ?f* files (you may be root to do that)
4) restart the lpd

there may be better ways but i dont know ...

-- gk