Re: Printing and CUPS - 2 questions

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 09:55:28PM -0800, Patrick Kirk wrote:

| Hi all,
|
| I thought I had printing working because from the CUPS web interface I can
| print a test page.  But that's all I can print!  lpr /etc/aliases or lpr
| /foo/anythiing else just shoots a blank sheet through.  When I print from
| samba, the print job seems to disappears.
|
| Question 1: how do I install lpadmin?  Everything on CUPS refers to this
| command but apt-get install cupsys didn't do it.  I really prefer a command
| line to a web interface so need this.

$ dpkg -S lpadmin
cupsys-client: /usr/share/man/man8/lpadmin.8.gz
cupsys-client: /usr/sbin/lpadmin

| Question 2: what is the correct command to print if you are using CUPS?

Depends -- do you prefer a SysV or BSD interface?  Install the
cupsys-client and cupsys-bsd packages respectively.  Then use 'lp' or
'lpr'.

-D

--

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair
and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.  Instead, it should be