Re: Promise Raid0 pdc20265 mit Kernel 2.4.17 doesn't boot

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Jan Trukenmüller wrote:
> I compiled a new kernel what should be able to work with the Raid
> controller, but it doesn't boot without writing anything to the syslog. The

Promise raid is utter crap. Apply the newest patches from linux-ide.org, and
use linux software raid. It works wonderfully in my lowly A7V (pdc20265).

Obviously you need to use one drive per channel; You will lose too much
throughput if you put both in the same channel.

  Henrique Holschuh