Re: XP then Linux

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 07:45:08PM -0800,  Bruce Burhans wrote:
>     Because I despise XP, I will just boot Debian from a floppy (will
> make several copies with rawrite) 'til I have a handle on Linux, then
> use dd to write over the first partition with zeros, then dd again to
> copy Woody verbatim to the the first partition where it can access the
> BIOS.....

GRUB may be able to boot both operating systems from the hard drive...
Then again, maybe not.  I can't hurt to try.  It might be safe to keep
an XP boot disk around, just in case you render it unbootable.  And if
it turns out that you really can't dual boot from the HD, you can delete
GRUB from within XP by using 'fdisk/mbr' in a command prompt.

noah