XP then Linux

    I've got XP, and a 20Gb harddrive, and I want to add Debian. Only
Woody will handle the USB stuff, so that's that.
    So I re-install XP on the first 10Gb, leaving the rest as free
space.
    Then I use -m  and -n commands to create a Linux-only maximized
(extended) partition from the free space, which will be in ext2 by
default.
    From their I create logical partitions for boot/root , swap , var ,
and home.

    Because I despise XP, I will just boot Debian from a floppy (will
make several copies with rawrite) 'til I have a handle on Linux, then
use dd to write over the first partition with zeros, then dd again to
copy Woody verbatim to the the first partition where it can access the
BIOS.....

Sound like a plan?

Your guidance is much appreciated

Bruce<+> bburhans@earthlink.net