Re: Alien/RPM keeps trying to kill KDE. Help?

* Phil Edwards (phil@jaj.com) spake thusly:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 02:21:24PM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 02:03:09PM -0500, Phil Edwards wrote:
> > > BUT
> > >
> > >     - librpm4 conflicts with librpm0, and
> > >
> > >     - something called "kpackage" depends on librpm0
> >
> > This will hopefully be fixed very soon, since rpm had failed to build on
> > m68k but recently compiled correctly.
>
> It's now been fixed.  Sweet.
>

> > > I don't use kpackage, but I can't remove it, because
> > >
> > >     - kde depends on kpackage
> > >
> > > So anytime I try to do anything with 'rpm' dselect/apt-get attempts to
> > > remove the entire KDE suite.
> >
> > Are you sure? The package kde itself is only a metapackage, removing it
> > would not cause any other kde applications to be removed.

Heh. I knew there was a reason I never used meta-packages, and
dropped dselect the moment aptitude was released.

FWIW, this does not happen with aptitude/kpackage and individual
KDE packages selected (rather than KDE task package).

Dima
--
We're sysadmins. Sanity happens to other people.                  -- Chris King