Re: INFO ON COMPATABILITY???

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 DKANAKABOY@aol.com wrote:

> I AM A NEW PC USER & HAVE A COMPAQ PRESARIO 5000, W/HP OFFICEJET V40 4-IN-1
> PRINTER, COPIER, SCANNER & FAX. I RUN WINDOWS ME OPERATING SYSTEM. I WOULD
> LIKE 2 KNOW IF THE DEBIAN LINUX & WINDOWS ME ARE COMPATIBLE & CAN WORK
> TOGETHER ON THE SAME PC DRIVERS? WILL ALL PROGRAMS & SOFTWARE BE COMPATIBLE?
> THE COST? AND HOW EASY OR HARD IS IT 2 INSTALL? AND WHAICH WOULD B THE BEST
> DEBIAN LINUX OS 4 ME?--------THANK YOU: DON POLLARD

STOP YELLING, YOU'RE NOT ON AOL OUT HERE.  Turn off your caps lock and
forget that it exists.  Speak in something resembling proper English.

No, they can't share drivers, they're two different OSs.  Windows
programs are somewhat problematic but work in wine.  The cost is free.
Decide if it's hard to install yourself.  You'll probably want stable.

All these questions could have very readily been answered had you read
the website, http://debian.org/

> dkanakaboy@aol.com
> P.S.: WILL IT RUN ON AOL???

No.  And thank God.