Re: Internet connection

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 11:09:08AM +1300, Alan & Kerry Shrimpton wrote:
> Not sure what info you require but I can tell you my problem and you will
> need to ask me what I need to tell you.  I am using Debian GNU/Linux 2.2.19
>
> Window's box A connects to the Internet. ICS configured.
Not sure what ICS stand for. I assume some kind of NAT using WINDOZE.
> Linux box B connects to the Internet through box A
>
> Now when I start Mozilla or task select (assume any Internet connection
> then) box B Mozilla just sits and can't find the URL or task select sits
> trying to connect to the ftp site.  No connection will be found in either
> UNLESS I open a MS-dos prompt from box A and ping box B then straight away
> the ftp site is found or the url using Mozilla.

This is windows configuration issue.  And possibly switch configuration.

I have a feel that if you run samba in Linux and make it accessible from
Windows, problem will be gone since stupid MS box realize there is a
Linux box out there.

Better thing to do is learn IP masquerading on Linux and use Linux as
gateway.  Linux is better OS for gateway and IPMASQ/firewall.  Let windows
machine sits behind Linux safely and enjoy Game :)

Cheers :)
--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +