Re: PHP4 problem after dist-upgrade

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:31:50AM -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
> the problem seems to be related to the apache-common version.
>
> in looking at the dependencies for PHP4, apache-common is listed twice, once
> with  apache-common (>= 1.3.22) and the other apache-common (<< 1.3.22.1)
>
> my current version (sid) is apache-common 1.3.23-1
>
> is this one of those "wait a few days" things that crops up in sid now and
> then or should I downgrade apache / apache-common and avoid upgrading for a
> while?   any help would be appreciated

You may be waiting longer than usual. The PHP4 package has
just been orphaned. However, it's a pretty popular package,
I'm sure someone'll pick it up ASAP.

If you want, you should be able to apt-get source and
rebuild it with dependancies on the current apache.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.