Re: [root@eboga.d2g.com: No Screen Found]

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Branden Robinson wrote:

>I have an ATI radeon (mobility) upon startup x tells me "no screen
>found". On redhat, same version, I have no problems. On #debian, some
>people have the SAME problem with an ATI all-in-wonder, for ages.
>I know you probably hate me allready, but I thought writing you this
>email before hanging myself with a network cable.

The infomation is shown in the output when X starts up. It is also saved
to /var/log/XFree86.0.log, you'll find the cause there. Perhaps you're
card is not supported by the version of XFree86 you have, indeed, looking
at the driver support lists at http://www.xfree86.org/current/Status.html,
I see the ATI Radeon is not listed as a supported device in 3

Debian potato (OP doesn't mention version info) uses the series 3.x series
XFree86, however, Woody (aka testing) does. I suggest you upgrade to
version 4 of XFree86. The OP can do this easily by ``pinning'' this
particular package, or by doing a full upgrade to woody.

Cameron Kerr
--
cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~cameronk/