Re: potato web browsers

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 06:12, nate wrote:
> <quote who="will trillich">
> > so, what browsers are available as potato-friendly *.deb for X?
> Opera 5 and Opera 6 are potato friendly. in my experience
> opera 6 is woody-hostile though. opera 5 works good in woody.

Opera 6 is working fine for me in woody, and I've found it to be more
stable and usable than galeon.

> opera with the banner is annoying, so unless you can
> live with it or buy it(i did), it may not be worth using.

I use junkbuster to filter out banners; it's possible to use it to
prevent Opera from downloading new banners, so instead of the garish
flashing animated gifs you just have a boring and unobtrusive Opera ad.
I'll pay for it, honest, when I get a job.  (Or switch to a truly free
browser.)

Randy