Re: apt-get = kill system ??

<quote who="nate">
> this is REALLY weird.
>
> i have a script that runs from a special server and does
> an
>
> ssh $server "apt-get -qq update ; apt-get -d -y -q -u upgrade"
> (as user root)
>
> i aborted the script during the process and it seems
> to have killed 3 of my servers! i don't get

right after i hit submit i checked the servers again and
they recovered on their own ..all 3 are on the same LAN,
on 2 different switches..i noticed load went real high
on them(well, compared to normal, the load went to 1.8 or
something, which is nothing for a dual p3-800 server).

and as im writing this they all went down again. !(#($

i just didn't kill apt-get fast enough..

ARGH. this is so weird. these systems are so fast
apt-get should be nothing for them.

so i guess in the next 10 mins they will come back
and i will attempt to kill apt-get to keep them from
going out again..

nate