Re: wmaker menu

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 09:29:49AM -0200, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> I would like to use the plain text menu, as suggest in the window maker
> preferences program. I have read the /usr/share/doc/wmaker/README.preferences
> and the ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMRootMenu files without success. According to the
> documentation, the ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMRootMenu file should point to the menu
> file, so you can edit it with a text editor. But the only thing that appears
> in this file is a line containing "menu hook".

Actually, "menu.hook".

> Where resides the wmaker menu file?

Thus sayeth man wmaker:

       ~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/
              The menu file indicated in WMRootMenu is looked for
              here...

       /etc/X11/WindowMaker/
              and here, in that order. Unless, the indicated path
              is an absolute path.

Note that if you want to edit the existing (Debian) menu instead of
starting from scratch, you have to first edit WMRootMenu to contain
the full path to the menu file (/etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.hook).
wmakerconf only seems to understand absolute paths when importing
menus.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss