Re: Recommended approach for installing Woody

Joey Hess(joey@kitenet.net) is reported to have said:
> Scott Henson wrote:
> > I really would not recomend installing potato then
> > dist-upgrading.  Having tried that several time, I could
> > never recomend that.
>
> How long ago, what went wrong, and did you report bugs? We put a lot of
> effort into making upgrades to woody work well.

I have 3 boxen converted from potato to woody.  On one box (the potato
converted from slink box), atd would not start.  I never filed a bug
report but did ask about it on this list, with no results.

Joey's question reminded me of the problem and I just found the cause.  In
the slink/potato/woody box the /var/spool/cron/ permissions were 700
on the 2 boxes that had Potato installed from potato CD's the
permission of /var/spool/cron/ were 755.  All work fine now.

That one problem, probably caused by the slink->potato upgrade was the
only problem encountered when I went from potato to woody.  I used
Bunks listings and apt-get dist-upgrade(d) with no problems to speak
of.

Debian (Apt) Rules
--
Southern DOS: Y'all reckon? (Yep/Nope)