Re: delayed transfer of mail to Pine

Gary Turner wrote:

On Wed, 06 Feb 2002 11:17:22 -0800, Paul E Condon wrote:

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 10:53:39AM -0600, Mark S. Reglewski wrote:

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 10:15:38AM -0600, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

I am using fetchmail and pine; lately I am noticing something that didn't
<snip>

I'm using fetchmail/exim/mutt (not pine). I looked at my exim.conf just now.
I find that I have

smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 100

but I have never noticed a delay in lots of mail showing up in mutt.
I think there may be something else involved in Cheryl's problem, but I'm
not sufficiently skilled at this to make an intelligent suggestion.

From Cheryl's description, it looks as if she is getting 1 big mailbag a
day.  On my system, with dsl always connected, I fetch the mailbag every
10 minutes or so and seldom have more than 20 at a time, but a couple of
hundred per day.  This may be the same type situation you have, Paul.

I run fetchmail manually. I often let mail accumulate for several days. When I do this I get a lot of mail all at once. I never noticed a delay or
batching. Maybe there was one, but I don't think so. I look more
carefully the next time I let it accumulate. If my non-observation
really is correct, I'll let the powers know.

In the meantime, I'm working on an outgoing mail problem that seems
to be at my ISP. While I'm doing that my queue won't be building.

--
Paul E Condon            | Failure is not an option.
pecondon@quiknet.com     | It's bundled with the software.