Re: Install woes...X problem

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:41:57 -0800 ben <benfoley@rcn.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 February 2002 06:36 pm, you wrote:
> > >
> > > apparently all straight 2.4 kernels are affected by this. allegedly,
> > > there are ac patches that fix this.
> >
> > I've run with the linus kernel for 5 months now (starting w/ 2.4.7
> > and now 2.4.17) with no problem.
> > A7V266 w/ KT133A chipset and Riva TNT AGP video card.
>
> is there a via686a involved in that setup somewhere? i've seen the discussion
> of the issue on the kernel mailing list at kernel.org. the via686b is said to
> be free of the problem.

The 686a & 686b work together are north and southbridge.

>From the ASUS website:
The VIA? Apollo KT133A is based on an innovative and scalable
architecture with proven reliability and performance. It is a
two-chip set consisting of the VT8363A North Bridge controller
and the VT82C686B South Bridge controller.
http://usa.asus.com/mb/socketa/a7v133/overview.htm

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
!  "As I like to joke, I may have invented it, but Microsoft |
|   made it popular" David Bradley, regarding Ctrl-Alt-Del   |