Re: Install woes...X problem

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 20:54:47 -0500 (EST) Ray Bowles <ray@devit.net> wrote:
[snip]
> Probable hardware bug: clock timer configuration lost - probably a
> VIA686a. Probable hardware bug: restoring chip configuration.

You could have a flaky mobo.

[snip]
> let me know. One friend from a Linux support company told me I was out of
> luck because I was using an AMD chip and an AGP vid card.

Your friend is overgeneralizing.  I've been using an Athlon-C, A7V266
mobo and a generic Riva TNT2 AGP video card with X4.1 and nv driver
for 7 months now with no problems.

_However_, about 2 weeks ago, there were reports of a "confusion"
between AGP cards & Athlons.  linuxtoday reported on it...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
!  "As I like to joke, I may have invented it, but Microsoft |
|   made it popular" David Bradley, regarding Ctrl-Alt-Del   |