Re: gnome-session multiple apps startup

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 07:13:22PM -0600, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> I just installed gnome-session and when I did I start getting multiple apps
> opening up at startup.  Before I had one instance of xdaliclock opening
> up.  Now I have four.  A few other apps do this as well.  Instead of one
> opening up 2-3 open up.  What should I do to stop this from happening?

Sounds like you may have set up your window manager to
remember the state of your session and then installed gnome-session
which is also configured to remember the state of the session on
logout. Go to gnome control center, session properties and then kill
off the startup program you don't want and save the session. If you are
going to rely on gnome to automatically save the session state when you
logout, make sure your window manager is not doing the same.
--
Jerome