OT: Hot-swappable IDE drives

Hi,

I know that there are removable cartridges that allow one to swap
IDE disk drives when the PC is shut down, i.e. cold-swapping.

Is there a way to hot-swap IDE drives like it it possible with
SCSI drives?  The 'net research I've done indicates that it is
not possible, but I wonder if I have missed anything.

TIA,
Ron
| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
!  "As I like to joke, I may have invented it, but Microsoft |
|   made it popular" David Bradley, regarding Ctrl-Alt-Del   |