Re: Solution to: /initrd/lib/modules doesn't exist for make-kpkg made kernel--> does not boot?

#include <hallo.h>
Walter Tautz wrote on Wed Feb 06, 2002 um 03:31:31PM:

> The solution is to edit /etc/mkinitrd/modules and add ext2 and ext3. Then
> all is well and one gets a initrd kernel built properly. It should be noted

If that was the solution, please file a critical bug against
initrd-tools. Now. I hope that Herbert will hear if more people report
bugs ABOUT SUCH inflexible behaviour of mkinitrd which can be improved
easily.

> that my config file was the same one as the stock binary kernel package
> 2.4.17-686 that is available in debian/woody. Perhaps some kind of warning
> should be issued by the make-kpkg package to the effect that might have to
> edit some files.

It should fail on installation it the filesystem is not know. If it does
not, than the problem is critical.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Anwender1: Mein WIN95 ist in 6 Monaten noch NIE abgestürzt...
Anwender2: Ein halbes Jahr ohne Strom - das ist hart!