Re: ximian Install

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 21:17, Jason M. Harvey wrote:
> by "windows exchange domain" are you referring to an exchange server or
> a domain logon? 'cause samba should be able to handle all the file/print
> sharing with a windows network. if you mean exchange server, well yes,
> i've heard and seen (not used) evolution works nicely with exchange -
> but afaik, ximian changes for the "exchange add-on" for evolution.

The Exchange plugin for Evo will be a commercial add-on and it isn't out
yet. It will also only work with Exchange 2000 initially:

http://www.ximian.com/about_us/press_center/press_releases/ximian_connector.html

That said, if your Exchange server is set up to export it's mail folders
using IMAP and contacts as LDAP (or if you can persuade the admin to do
so) then Evo can access these anyway - the installation of Evo that I'm
writing this on accesses the Exchange server at work in this way.

--
Geoff Beaumont
Geoff@stormhammer.com