Re: Auctex/LaTeX/Emacs problem

Lo, on Monday, February 4, Ryan Claycamp did write:

> On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 04:08:52PM -0600, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> > Lo, on Sunday, February 3, Ryan Claycamp did write:
> >
> > > I have lost the color markings in xemacs when I edit a LaTeX file.  I
> > > am running woody and I think it happened after I updated to the new
> > > version of auctex.  I noticed that when auctex installed, it said
> > > something like emacsen ignoring flavor xemacs.  How do I get the color
> > > back in xemacs when it is editing LaTeX files?  I really enjoyed that
> > > feature.
> >
> > IIRC, xemacs comes with its own copy of AUCTeX, which explains the
> > `ignore' error message.
> >
> > Assuming that you've got font-locking on in other editing modes, simply
> > adding (require 'font-latex) to your .emacs file should do the trick.
> >

> Thank you.  That did the trick, at least for xemacs.  I put the
> command in both my .emacs file and .xemacs/init.el.  It didn't work
> for emacs, but I don't have any color in emacs.  That is another worry
> for another time as I mainly use xemacs for my editor.

It's been a while since I've used plain FSF emacs, but I think
font-latex will work with both.  However, it assumes that you've already
got basic font locking turned on, and the method for doing that differs
between the two editors: check the manuals for details.  (My .emacs file
is set up in such a way that I can't easily look this up and paste it
here.)

Richard