Re: ximian Install

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 12:57:47PM -0800, Tim Grogan wrote:
| Thanks Jason,
|
| I've got kde2 up and running and I really like it.  The main reason I was
| looking at ximian was that it supposedly can connect into a windows exchange
| domain.  That way I could blow away my w2k and put debian on my laptop.
|
| Tim
|
| > On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 07:08:17AM -0800, Tim Grogan wrote:
<-- snip -->

great! i was just recently turned onto kde (at linux world expo). kde2
is much better than kde was a year or two ago.

by "windows exchange domain" are you referring to an exchange server or
a domain logon? 'cause samba should be able to handle all the file/print
sharing with a windows network. if you mean exchange server, well yes,
i've heard and seen (not used) evolution works nicely with exchange -
but afaik, ximian changes for the "exchange add-on" for evolution.

good luck,
jason
| registered linux user #202942   |   http://counter.li.org/  |
| Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Woody      |   2.4.16-k6               |
| jason@theigloo.dhs.org          |   http://theigloo.dhs.org |