Re: Problem with windows partition

Thanks Andrew- that worked.

Now that I have researched this I believe that grub was installed by Red Hat (which was on the machine when I started) and pointed to the Linux partition that I had overwritten- hence grub was stumped.

In any event I learned a lot and lilo -u /dev/hda1 worked!

Thanks a bunch!

Andrew Pounce wrote:
By default lilo creates a backup of the boot sector in /boot

so if you use lilo -u or -U /dev/hda1 it should restore it... If you
read thru the lilo man page it will tell you more...

Its rescued me on one or two occasions...

-- Andrew