Re: ximian Install

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 07:08:17AM -0800, Tim Grogan wrote:
| Has anyone installed ximian-gnome on woody 2.2.20?  Thanks.
|
| Tim

hello,

my very first install was storm. then i went to potato, then woody.
storm came with ximian. when i dist-upgraded from potato (w/ ximian) to
woody, gnome gave me many problems, on two machines! so, i later purged
all ximian and went with the gnome packages from debian. they are much
better. i'm not sure if you'll be giving up anything by not choosing
ximian (like red-carpet or evolution), just an option.
who knows, it may even be different in your case since you're not
upgrading an already-working ximian!

~jason

| registered linux user #202942   |   http://counter.li.org/  |
| Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Woody      |   2.4.16-k6               |
| jason@theigloo.dhs.org          |   http://theigloo.dhs.org |