delayed transfer of mail to Pine

I am using fetchmail and pine; lately I am noticing something that didn't
happen before, so I wonder if it has to do with an upgrade of fetchmail.
When I fetch my mail, my primary pop3 usually has at least a couple
hundred messages, and all of them are fetched. But when I get into Pine,
only 100 of those messages are present, plus the smaller numbers of
messages from my other email providers. This wouldn't bother me, except
that it is sometimes fifteen minutes or more before the rest of those
messages finally appear in my Pine inbox. What's going on here? At first,
I thought I was losing mail; it does all eventually get to the inbox, but
why the big delay?

--
				Cheryl