Re: freeware purify like memory checker ?

On Wed, 06 Feb 2002 16:02:55 +0100 Leif Thuresson <LThuresson@rsasecurity.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know a of freeware memory checker
> they can recommend ?
> I would of cause like to have purify, but it is way out of my budget.

This may be what you are looking for...

# apt-cache search memtest86
hwtools - Collection of tools for low-level hardware management
kernel-patch-badram - Kernel patch allowing to use partly-bad RAM modules
memtest86 - A thorough real-mode memory tester.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
! Great Inventors of our time:                               |
!    Al Gore -> Internet                                     |
!    Sun Microsystems -> Clusters                            |