Re: Yahoo Groups like mailing list interface?

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 03:53:45AM -0800, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson wrote:
> Is there anything out there that will do a webboard that sends and
> recieves its messages on a mailing list, ala Yahoo! Groups?
>
> Myself and several other list members on gods-creatures have mentioned
> that for legal and comfort reasons that we should move away from Y!G,
> however, a significant portion of the membership (~27%) are mailphobes
> reads the list by web interface and refuses to move unless they don't
> have to give up the web-board version, and I'm stuck trying to figure
> this out.  .deb preferred, don't care if it's unofficial or non-free.
I don't know what this yahoo stuff is and what it's able to do (ah and
I don't want to have anything to do with yahoo)  but if they only need
read access you can use mailman and let the rest klick through the
pipermail Archiv.

Sven

--
Lamer! :)\nLokaler Admin mit enormen Rechten[tm]
[Christian Schneider und Jens Himmelrath in alt.hacker.org-gcf]