Re: printers

Fred(fjmusick@netscape.net) is reported to have said:
> I have spent 30 minutes searching the Debian.org site for information on
> supported printers.
>
> I am new to Linux and currently have Mandrake installed, but I am
> thinking about changing to Debian.  I have been told that the apt-get is
> far superior to RPM.  But I was looking for printer driver packages
> before I make a commitment.
>
> Where do I find info on drivers for printers and other hardware?
>
> Thank you in advance for you help

Debian suports any printer that Linux supports.  I suggest you look
into a google search for
Linux "supported printers"

There is a site, the URL of which I don't have, that lists printers
that work/don't work on Linux, as reported by users.

HTH=Hope This Helps, YMMV=Your Mileage May Vary, HAND=Have A Nice Day

--
Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to continue....