Re: Accented characters with unstable

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 09:44:27AM +0100, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've just installed Debian unstable on my notebook, and I am having
> problems getting apps to display accented characters (both console and
> X).

I have the same problem.  On previous distributions I could use
xkeycaps to solve the problem on X, but this time xkeycaps would not
allow me to edit the keysyms !? I have tried it both as root and user.

Also on the console I can not get the compose key to work.  For some
time there was a bug regarding the compose key on woody, but it is
working now on woody - not in unstable.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye
      everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come
      in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and
      mighty, the LORD mighty in battle."
                                   Psalms 24:7,8