Re: routing problem

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:

>	As I'm goin on the assumption you want Box C to have an option
>of which network (.9/24 or .7/24) go through and as they are equal hop
>count but obviously different bandwidth I would be tempt'd to suggest
>possibly running zebra on the three machines using possibly OSPF as it
>can take into account the bandwidth; whereas RIP would go on hop
>count...

In which case, you can increase the hop count of an interface using
ifconfig. I hear tell (not sure of the specifics) that zebra has problems.
Can anyone confirm this?

If he wants to use the links to agregate bandwidth, he should look at
using iproute2 to split the traffic (I forget what this is called)

Hope this helps,

Cameron Kerr
--
cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz