Re: printers

On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 21:17:17 -0500 Fred <fjmusick@netscape.net> wrote:
> I have spent 30 minutes searching the Debian.org site for information on
> supported printers.
>
> I am new to Linux and currently have Mandrake installed, but I am
> thinking about changing to Debian.  I have been told that the apt-get is
> far superior to RPM.  But I was looking for printer driver packages
> before I make a commitment.
>
> Where do I find info on drivers for printers and other hardware?
>
> Thank you in advance for you help
>
> Fred

Hi, Fred.

I just made the switch from Mdk (been with them since 6.0), and
am very glad I did.  No more Dependency Hell.

Debian supports CUPS, so, presuming that u use CUPS, since it is
the mdk default, you will have no printing problems with Debian.
The name of the CUPS package is cupsys.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
! Great Inventors of our time:                               |
!    Al Gore -> Internet                                     |
!    Sun Microsystems -> Clusters                            |