Re: xawtv video0 not found

Lance Hoffmeyer <lance@augustmail.com> writes:

> I have v4l compiled into my kernel but when I try to run xawtv I get:
>
> This is xawtv-3.68, running on Linux/i586 (2.4.17)
> can't open /dev/video0: No such device
> v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
> v4l: open /dev/video0: No such device
> v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device
> no video grabber device available
>
> /dev/video0 exists in /dev and I was attempting this
> as root.
>
> Any ideas?

You did include the support for your particular card in the kernel
config? (That is, V4L support plus BT848 (or whatever) support)

If it's a BT848, check out the help for that config - you need to also
select I2C support in the kernel.

--
Keith Willoughby

http://www.randomreviews.co.uk - it does what it says on the tin